Mastering Midlife: Defining Your Own Fulfillment
"You have to connect with your experience to see that you can find contentment in the moment.."
I recently joined my good friend Mark Silverman on his incredible podcast Mastering Midlife. I absolutely love Mark's book, Only 10s: Confront Your To-Do List and Transform Your Life; it is definitely worth checking out. It should not be surprising that this topic of fulfillment would show up on Mastering Midlife. So many people get to the so-called mid-point in life and say, "sure, I have accomplished a lot... I have been on quite a journey, but why don't I feel fulfilled? There has to be more to life than this?" This is the point when we need to pause and start questioning what we want for ourselves. We covered a lot of ground but, here are the key areas:
- How to define self-fulfillment.
- Why many people have trouble defining fulfillment.
- How fulfillment can be a losing game.
- How I finally realized what fulfilled me and my addiction to "doing."
- My first foray into the coaching world.