Alien Thinking: The Unconventional Path to Breakthrough Ideas
Do you believe in aliens? ALIENs are real, according to the authors of one of my recent favorite books, Alien Thinking: The Unconventional Path to Breakthrough Ideas. Cyril Bouquet, Jean-Louis Barsoux, and Michael Wade, professors of innovation and strategy at IMD Business School, have studied inventors, scientists, doctors, entrepreneurs, and artists for the past decade. These are individuals who excel at Attention, Levitation, Imagination, Experimentation, and Navigation thinking patterns. The good news is that anyone can learn to adopt these thinking patterns with a bit of practice. So let's have a closer look at the ALIEN framework to find out more:
- Attention: Consider the context of a given problem or situation closely or from a new perspective.
- Levitation: Reflect upon what you learned.
- Imagine: Envision what could be.
- Experiment: Turn your idea into a practical solution.
- Navigate: Consider how to overcome obstacles to implementation.
When you embrace ALIEN thinking, you can find new ways to overcome challenges and approach problems. You can expand your possibilities and turn them into practical next steps. As they say, ideas are worth nothing without execution. Check it out here.