Shed the Formality: Climbing the Right Mountain
"It is selfish for you not sell."
A little while back, I joined the incredible Stacey Shipman on her podcast Shed the Formality. Stacey is a master connector and facilitator, and you get the sense from the moment you meet her that your day is going to get better; she has a special kind of energy that is hard to explain. We had a great conversation that covered some of my back story and the areas where my passions converged through my journey. We covered a lot of ground and, here are the key areas:
- Money, fulfillment, and a corporate career
- Marrying my love of science with the discipline of business
- Beliefs and behaviors that held me back and how I dropped them
- Losing myself, finding myself, and using the past to become a powerful coach
- Answering the question: Can you be a badass and feel your feelings?
- Getting comfortable with sales
- The biggest formality I had to shed and how