Creative Calling: Establish a Daily Practice, Infuse Your World with Meaning, and Succeed in Work + Life – Chase Jarvis
"Life isn’t about finding fulfillment and success; it is about creating it."
Creativity is a force inside every person that, when unleashed, transforms our lives and delivers vitality to everything we do. Establishing a creative practice is our most valuable and urgent task, as important to our well-being as exercise or nutrition. In Creative Calling, Chase Jarvis taps into the power of creativity to shape our lives. As Jarvis explains, creativity isn't a skill, it is a habit available to everyone, and through small, daily actions, we can supercharge our innate creativity. He provides a powerful framework called the IDEA framework that can help you bring your creativity to life: Imagine your big dream, Design a daily practice that supports your dream, Execute on your ambitious plans, and Amplify your impact through community.
Here are some key takeaways:
- Creativity is everywhere, not just in art, and you have creativity in you.
- Declare yourself a creator, and that label will become a valuable and key part of your identity.
- Life isn’t about finding success; life is about creating it.
- You have to overcome obstacles to creativity that will get in your way.
- Stand out by being authentic to your calling.
- Adopt positive habits to boost your creativity.
- You can’t control the state of flow, but small actions can trigger it.
- Failure is integral to learning and the creative process.
- Creativity is sometimes solitary, but most often, others amplify your vision.
Check out the Book Here
Leave a commentPlease log in or register to post a comment